Full Stack Engineer
3D Metal Printing MedTech is hiring a full stack engineer to build the knowledge hub and learning portal for the ground-breaking surgical applications that blend 3D imaging techniques with 3D printing to deliver patient-specific orthopedic devices.
This is an opportunity to create the MVP and first major release of the online services that will transform the surgical and treatment experience for patients currently undergoing our knee procedure to restore mobility and improve quality of life.
You will design and build out the portal’s core features and back end – using technologies of your choice. The software team includes people with deep domain knowledge and UX skills – helping refine your solutions. We’re open to any suitable language, framework and cloud ecosystem. Optionally, you may also contribute to our surgery planning tool – currently written in C#.
Your work will be pivotal to achieving our early ambitions. Together we will release one of the most advanced surgery planning tools available, backed by the sophisticated digital healthcare portal that aids surgeons in their advancement of prosthesis design and application techniques.
Now is a great time to join us on this all-new product, with lots of new software to write and big plans to bring to life. You can help influence where we go and how we get there, becoming lead developer of the portal.
- Reviewing the portal prototype and validating its core technologies
- Release of stable portal MVP within three-six months
- As a team, establishing CI/CD and test automation, full stack
- Building out rich new functionality; the first major release to UK and EU healthcare providers
- Integrating with adjacent systems and medical devices, handling patient data, tablet offering
- Integrating with TOKA’s VR-based training methods for surgeons
- < your ideas here, always innovating >
We’re looking for
- Someone with good software engineering rigor
- A focus on quality – we uphold ISO 13485 and are working towards medical device software approval
- Experience building microservice-based applications, APIs and the back end
- Agnostic about language choice and able to determine best-fit: C#, Java, Node.js, Python or Ruby etc.
- Experience of implementing SPA’s: Angular, React, TypeScript or Vue etc.
- Familiarity with managed cloud architecture: Azure, AWS or GCP
- Considering mid-level full stack jobs in Bath – or commutable from Bristol and surrounding area – such as: Full Stack Developer | Full Stack Engineer | C# Developer | .NET Developer | Java Developer | Node.js Developer | Python Developer etc.
Current ecosystem of prototype – we’ll welcome your influence
C# (ASP.NET Core 3) | SQL (EF Core) | Angular 10 + TypeScript | Open API | WebGL + BabylonJS | Azure cloud hosting (App Services, Functions, Key Vault, Storage, SQL) | Azure ARM + PowerShell for infrastructure management | Azure DevOps for issue tracking, Git and CI/CD
Salary and benefits
- £32,000 – £45,000 – depending on experience and knowledge
- 25 days holiday + public holiday
- Share options
- Continuous personal development and professional learning
- Flexible working practices – including partial remote working – tell us what you need
- Discretionary relocation assistance – tell us what you need
- Optional: we’re open to a four day working week (either pro rata salary, or adjusted hours)
- Vibrant office environment
3D Metal Printing is a UK MedTech company at the forefront of the digital healthcare revolution. Using additive manufacturing and digital technologies, we’re transforming orthopedic surgery to improve the quality of life for people affected by knee osteoarthritis. TOKA is our first medical device with clinical trials underway in the UK and Europe. We have bright prospects and new ideas to develop. A team of 11, we’re growing fast and looking forward to meeting our new colleague who can help shape and advance our technology. TOKA is a collaborative project with the University of Bath. https://toka.uk/careers
Location: central Bath (Innovation Centre, by Bath Spa station) – or partially remote and able to get to the office regularly when needed.
Please get in contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Timing: you may join us right away, or December/January – please engage now for firm commitment